Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life this Week


This has been a rough week.
Madgette has been gone all week for the first real time. She had a blast- she won the camper of the week trophy, and when we picked her up the counselors told us she had been so sweet. She complimented every camper about something. They also said she never wined or complained. That made me very proud.
She was very happy to be home, and we were happy to have her!

The Razorback's dad is back in the hospital, and things aren't looking good. I just don't understand Cancer. Actually, I hate it. It took my mother before I was old enough to get to know her or remember her. There have been so many days in my life when I have wished she was there, or wondered what she would think about something. However, my friend Gancack (who I love with all my heart) got a clear checkup from her doctor. I am so glad she got a cancer-free report that every time I think about it I want to cry. I am sick of people I love being taken from me.

Anyway, the poor Razorback has had to deal with an emotional wife this week. That is definitely not the norm at our home! He has been an amazing man and let me cry on his shoulder (literally) and tried hard to just listen to me without trying to "fix it". I am so thankful God gave me this man as my husband. I love him more than I did when I married him 10 years ago, but it is a different kind of love. I appreciate him.

I am looking forward to the week ahead and pray that things will ease up in our world. I hope it gets better!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

So glad you're back to the blog. Love the new look. Glad "half" loved the horse camp!! Praying for RB's dad. Know how hard that is. Have a great school year!!

Gancack said...

So sorry R's dad is going through this. And thank you for loving me and celebrating life with me! I am not surprised at all that "Half" got those accolades at horse camp, that adorable child has it going on! Good parenting, no doubt.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.