Tuesday, October 27, 2009

REALLY???

OK- We all know that I like to talk a little bit. Maybe a few times in my life I have gotten in trouble for talking a little more than I should. So are any of us really suprised that my daughter is a talker?
Her teachers tried to be all nice about it, especially since I am an administrator in district, but what they said in "teacher-ease" is that she is the kid that could run the class for the day while the substitute teacher sits at the desk and eats bon-bons.
She is extremely strong in her English reading and comprehension skills but rather low on Spanish reading and comprehension. Really? My child reads and comprehends better in English than in Spanish. Imagine that! What got me was that when they delivered this information, they cringed like I might explode. Somehow that doesn't upset me. Would I like her to be knocking the socks off of both languages? Sure! But realistically, I am not much use to her in the Spanish language so I kind of expected that.
Are any of you suprised?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing that she's taking Spanish to begin with. Where would we be if we took Spanish at her age. I think Maddie is an extremely bright young lady! - P

oceandog said...

Guess they are preparing kids for when English speaking folks are the minority. At the rate we are going it should not be long.

Tree said...

Madgette a talker? Perish the thought! Let me know if Madgette needs help with Spanish. I'm kinda good at that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

I remembered someone's birthday is today and had to look up your blog to send a message her way!!!
-Ms. Jennifer