Saturday, October 24, 2009

Still Trying!

My dear friend Nana tells me that I need to keep writing even though no one is reading blogs anymore, so Nana- this one is for you!

We have had a great day. Madgette and I got up early and went to my appointment with the chiropractor. Had my neck and upper back adjusted. You should have heard all the popping that my spine did! Then we ran into a neighborhood garage sale (it was my friend Catfish and her husband Phruitz neighborhood). Bought a few beanie babies, then we headed to the grocery store.

HEB (my favorite grocery store in the whole wide world) didn't seem to be nearly as busy as usual, so we took our time and did a little shopping. We ordered her birthday cake, which actually turns out to be a cupcake creation with a High School Musical theme. We finished up the shopping then headed to rent a couple of movies.

The Razorback had invited a friend over for dinner so we invited a few other folks over as well and have had a relaxing evening with friends of all ages. I thought we were going to watch movies, but it turns out that the MSU vs. Florida game was to good to turn off so the men overruled us.

Madgette doesn't have school on Monday because of parent teacher conferences. Razorback has to have his stomach scoped on Monday morning, and a gallbladder ultrasound, so Madgette is going to spend Sunday night with a friend and they are going to the movies and play put-put on Monday. She is looking forward to it, but she told me she can't wait for this week to be over because she is ready for her birthday party.

I have several meetings off campus this week. I think I am traveling 2 days. So a lot coming up in the next week...

4 comments:

oceandog said...

Still reading blogs!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG there were CARS everywhere Saturday. There were a couple of times I didn't think I was going to be able to get the truck through that place!! Good luck with the medical stuff. - P

Barbara said...

HEB is a good place. I wish we had one here. Hope RB's tests turn out ok. And yes, I still read blogs of those I care about. Those that live far away and I can't get to to tell them I love them!! You're one of those!

Carolyn said...

You have NO idea how much I miss you!!!!!