Friday, November 28, 2008

Catching Up

I would like to help my 3 readers catch up on what has been going on here at the Madge...and a Half home for the last couple of weeks. So, pardon the change in subjects as we have had several big events going on in the last few bits.


The American Girl Debacle


The first big event was going to Momma Pug's house to pick up Madgette's birthday/christmas/rest of her life present. It was the long begged for and awaited American Girl Doll named Mia. Momma Pug in a stroke of creative genius decided to leave clues for our little girl to follow in order for her to find her doll. The only issue with that is that Momma Pug writes like a normal adult- not like an elementary school teacher or a computer. Seeing as Madgette is just learning to read, those are the types of writing she understands best. She had to sound out a lot of words and think pretty hard (which was the point I am sure!). She finally got to the box and you could feel the excitement flowing through that room like a cut electricity wire waving in the breeze. With the help of her Uncle and Aunt she was finally able to get to the coveted box that was located inside the shipping box. They frantically opened the doll's box and Madgette pulled the doll out, laid it down, and exclaimed "A new American Girl Catalog!" with full enthusiasm. We all here amazed--the child had completely ignored the doll she had begged us for!

As you can imagine, I was thoroughly embarassed. I wondered how I had raised a child that was that unappreciative-- I was getting upset with her, but I reminded her to tell everyone thank you. She went over to hug her aunt and uncle and her Aunt Momma pug says "I heard your momma tell you to say thank you. You guys aren't very smooth!" Madgette was beginning to realize that she had somehow messed up and came to sit beside me again. I looked at her and asked her (in a serious momma face) "You are being very rude right now. What do you think you are supposed to be doing?" to which her frank response was "be more smooth..."

That was pretty much the end of it all. Momma Pug and The Mark Up both burst into laughter and I was caught so off guard I started laughing even though I knew I shouldn't. Madgette became extremely embarassed so I composed myself moementarily to tell her the correct answer. Soon after that we left the Momma Pug National Headquarters to head home we looked in the back seat to discover that even though we had only been in the car about 2 minutes she was snuggled up to her doll sound asleep.




Thanksgiving Lunch @ School


Madgette had her Thanksgiving lunch at school on Monday, and all the family was able to attend. Thanks to my boss and team of workers, I was even able to go! Madgette was super excited to see everyone as her class came down the hall with each child dressed as an indian.


Her cousin was happy to see another school and was quite amazed by how big the school was. As soon as lunch was over we let her checkout to spend the afternoon with Mimi, Poppa, and her cousin. They had a great afternoon.




Family Picture Time!


The day before Thanksgiving I decided that since the cousins were together and had beautiful coordinating dresses that we should go have pictures taken of the girls, and have some family pictures done while we were there. So I scheduled the appointment and with the help of my mom-in-law got 2 little girls all dressed and ready. The Razorback begrudgingly accepted that he was not getting out of this duty, and Julie got herself ready in record time.


The girls looked like little princesses and we think we got one good picture where both girls weren't giving the camera completely fake smiles. This is not the picture, but I thought it was cute how they were both sharing and looked so beautiful.


You can check out ALL the pictures here at the Sears online gallery.



Julie and I got up early this morning and went to do Christmas shopping and got a couple of good deals. Nothing to really brag about this year. My in-laws had already hit the road to travel home before we got back. The definite highlight of our day today was the Arkansas-LSU game this afternoon. Need I say it again? (Of course I do!!!)




GO HOGS!!!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

As an avid reader I am delighted for the "catch up" post. I loved the family pics; you all looked wonderful. Will you be anywhere close Christmas?

Anonymous said...

What I got for her isn't as impressive, but it is affiliated with small females from the US of A.

Madge said...

Tree- I am SO glad to hear you are back at work- Julie missed you loads. That was her best part of today, even though I know it was hard to leave Phebes...

Barbara- we are planning on being in the old stompin' grounds the evening of the 19th through the morning of the 24th.

Thanks for the comments ladies. It encourages me to know someone is actually reading what I write!

Stephenie said...

Hi Carmen! Avis Louise gave me your blog addy and I am glad to see that you are doing well! Didn't know you had a baby and even more, I didn't know you were a Razorbacks fan (Woo Pig Sooie). I live in NW Arkansas (Rogers/Bentonville). Hope all continues to go well with you! Visit my blog if you have a chance. Merry Christmas!