Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Austin

So the three humans of our family have abandoned all the critters and made off for Austin, TX. No hate mail please- the animals are all being well cared for by a girl that lives in our neighborhood. If they are in any danger it is of being over-loved.

Anyway, we made the trek last night so I would be here bright and early to make it to the conference on time this morning. It was a super long day for me. All I can say is "Thank You" to the people who made a version of Tetris and Brickbreaker for the Blackberry. I think I might have gone stir crazy if these had not been available.

Austin though is such a pretty city. Rolling hills with the mountains off in the distance, and a beautiful hotel room. We are on the 9th floor, and can see downtown shining at night. Madgette (of course) went and tried out the pool today after the rain stopped. Yes- I said RAIN! No one complained about the rain because we were all so happy to see it. I was beginning to think I had forgotten what rain looked like.

Luckily, tonight we get to go eat dinner with a cousin of mine. It is my dad's first cousin who he really likes (which is saying a lot for my dad). She is bringing her son who Madgette absolutely loves because he will play with her. Her son is probably about my age and extremely handsome so all you lovely young ladies- you are missing out with this one!

Then it will be back to the hotel to rest before 2 more days of training. At least tomorrow afternoon I will get to start taking the tests you must pass before your appraiserertificate can be issued. I know I will get to work at my own pace, and get it done. If I can pass both of them on the first shot, I will be done testing and just have one more lecture. If I don't pass on the first try I get to stay late on Thursday and take another test. I have decided I will be done tomorrow.

I hope you all are planning on a great July 4. We are heading to Arkansas to see the Razorbacks family. His mom has had knee replacement surgery, and his dad is having cataract surgery on the 6th. So we are going to attempt to be helpful. Leave me a comment and let me know what your plans are!

No comments: