Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm Back!

The surgery is all over and I am trying to be patient and heal which most of you know is not my strength. Madgette had a softball tournament this weekend so my friends JP and Momma Pug came to hang with me. JP and I watched several movies that we had missed throughout the school year, and Momma Pug and I caught up while watching Marley and Me.

The Razorback had a HUGE run in with a couple of parents. These parents chose to let their daughters attend a dance recital yesterday instead of the tournament games. Today the children had to take their turns sitting out an inning and one set of parents threatened to take their child and go home. The second set of parents (of which the husband is the president of the league) decided to chew the Razorback out because "their" daughter had been sat out. When he explained that even Madgette sat out, they replied that she was not "their" daughter.

The Razorback finally had enough and quit. He handed off the coach's bag- gave away the trophy the girls earned and walked away. Madgette is extremely sad that she doesn't get to play with her friends anymore, and to be honest I am a little sad myself. We will miss the last 2 tournaments, and I have no idea if Madgette will be able to talk to her friends anymore. I guess time will tell...

Here's to hoping for a better week!

2 comments:

oceandog said...

I think one of the hardest lessons we learn as parents and that our kids have to learn is that not all parents are "good" people. That is hard for the kids to learn after we spend years teaching them to be good/honest/fair etc. Then they are suddenly confronted with ignorant immature parents and their bratty kids. But maybe it is best to go ahead and let them see some of the unfairness. But never doubt that the good upbringing you have given you child will stay with her despite what she see of the world poor examples.

Barbara said...

The world is not fair and she just witnessed some of that. And giving ones time for free is often unrewarding as "R" just learned!! An old saying we use around here 'Life's a b@#$% and then you die'. But you do it laughing all the way!! Love you.