Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update

Hello

My dear friend at Nana Notes posted a twitter asking about our well being. What a great friend! So here we go- we currently have electricity, and running water. The Razorback restored our internet tonight (Go Razorback!!!) but we still have no cable. That is ok, my wonderful hubby went out today and bought an antenna to mount outside the house and it works very well. It even picks up high def. channels and we don't have a monthly fee!!! That will save us a little over $100 per month. HURRAY!

The insurance adjuster is supposed to be here tomorrow. I am actually glad it has taken him a while to get to us. It has given us time to notice all the things about the house that have changed. The Razorback noticed today a 2 inch crack that is zig-zagging up one of the brick walls on the side of the house. We thought that only our sunroom had shifted- now we are thinking that maybe some other damage was done that we did not realize.

I guess to sum it all up, life is glorious again. We are back in the swing of school, softball, tennis team (Julie's activity), and taekwondo. Oh yes, and children's choir at church. The Razorback is going to school full time, and I am overloading my plate as usual which makes me happy. I am glad to have friends, two beautiful children, a fulfilling career, and an amazing husband. Life just doesn't get much better than this!

2 comments:

Momma Pug said...

Madge! Welcome back to the world! We have missed you. Just the other day I was telling Internet that we should send you something and invite you back to our world. Internet was all like HOW DO WE DO THAT WITH HER GETTING NO ELECTRONIC MESSAGES. And I was all OH WE CAN SEND A FRUIT BASKET. And Internet was all NO THAT'S NOT PERSONAL ENOUGH. And I was all FINE, WE'LL SEND A CARD. And Internet was all A CARD? THROUGH SNAIL MAIL??? And I was all, FINE WE'LL JUST WAIT HER OUT.

So we waited you out. And boy are we GLAD you are back!

Barbara said...

Oh, wonderful, you are back in the land of the "electronic living"!! I hope the adjuster had good words for you and things can be fixed with your home. You sound so wonderful on your post! I just love you!! Stay safe and happy!!