Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nerves

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that my baby is old enough to start kindergarten? I am struggling with my professional knowledge that her teachers are well trained individuals who specialize in 5 year old children, and my mother side that says she is my baby and that I can't let her go.

I know we have to do this, and I am glad I have a full teaching load so I will be distracted all day. What if she doesn't know what they are asking her to do when they speak to her in Spanish? There are so many "what if's" that make me nervous. I know I have done everything I can to get her ready for this milestone, so I guess that is why she is perfectly happy and excited about her big day. That is probably why I am nervous and she is OK.

Pray for us this week-

2 comments:

Momma Pug said...

Yo Madge, why don't you call a bitch back???

Been thinking of you today -- all days -- and I know you're going through something hard now with Madgette leaving the nest. But she is TOUGHER and SMARTER than we were... and if you remember correctly we handled Kindergarten quite well, as in we dominated that bitch.

I know Madgette is okay because you were okay and she is YOUR daughter.

Barbara said...

Check with Jennifer about sending your five year old off to school--so far Sam is doing fine!!