Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mothers

I was reading about Momma Pugs new nephew on her sister's blog and it made me think about how and who you choose to model yourself after. There have been many people who have passed in and out of my life, and quite a few of them have had a lasting effect on me. Grandma and Grandpa Pug (MP's parents) were one of those sets of parents. They were always supportive of their girls no matter what their goals were, and they were even willing to be nice and help take care of their kids annoying friends--(me)-- which says a lot to me. As Madgette has grown older, I have thought many times on their tolerance for annoying little girls and have tried to be as patient with Madgette's friends.

Another person who definitely needs to be recognized is our old high school band director. He and his wife while a little odd, were amazing people who cared about kids. We all know high school kids can be a pain. They knew this and still cared about us. There are several phrases that I still use that came from him. For example, 10 pounds of sausage in a 5 pound bag.
He was there when I lost my favorite great aunt in the whole wide world, when I went through quite a defiant stage, and when I totalled my truck- just to mention a few.

There are so many others that I should mention like P.J., R.Y, B.H., C.C., and J.C. all from MUMC. They showed me how life should\could be lived in the joy of the Lord. Many of those homes were open to me as I made life changing decisions. I would never made it out of High School without the people I have mentioned and several more. I guess I should probably sit down and write a few letters and tell people how much I appreciate them and what a profound effect they have had on my life...

4 comments:

Momma Pug said...

You are my Mama and Daddy's daughter too. They love you so much. I am glad you were there and raised with me!

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air...around here. The last time I went home Hilda called mom and I felt that I need to tell Mr. Peeler something. I still use the alarm clock they gave me for graduation. I guess if I had to pick someone, he would have been a second father to me. Band was really special to me as a way for me to express myself I guess. Whenever I played it didn't matter what I looked like or who was watching..I did what I wanted too. *sigh* - P

Madge said...

I know- he was always great to the misfits like us...

halley said...

Ah, who could forget PJP and the famous "this ain't no mickey mouse operation" quote! haha! I still use my alarm clock from them too. Band was one of the best and most memorable experiences I have from high school and I know it is cause they are such good people.

halley