Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The City of Happy Hour

Well, this week The Razorback and I are in Austin which I have decided is the city of Happy hour. I have been here for 2 days, and my colleaugues and I have been able to hit a happy hour for dinner every night. Last night we went to a really cool Jazz bar, where they had very expensive food and at half price it was reasonable. The other ladies and gents had some cocktails but I just went with a water. Tonight we went to another restaurant near the convention center called the "Moonshine Patio Bar and Grill" where we sat outside around the fire and had a wonderful meal. We all ordered different appetizers and stuffed ourselves. Did I mention it was also happy hour there? All the appetizers were half price, and some drink were also. We had some wonderful spinach and artichoke fondue, fried asparagus, brick oven pizza, homemade chips, and "corn dog" shrimp. We have decided that if we just go to a different happy hour each night, we will actually be able to stay within our food budget this week. Isn't that wonderful?

However, this week has already reminded me of how perky and annoying I can be. Some of these people are so blah, and grumpy in the mornings. Some are that way all day long. What joy can you get out of life if you never get excited about anything? I am looking forward to each and every day that I will be here. Tomorrow the exhibit hall will open with all the vendors- that is one of the absolute best parts! Free stuff, plus you get to see all the cool new stuff that is out on the market for the technology departments. Woo-hoo!

Anyway, guess I should get off here and pick out my classes for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Chonda said...

THAT'S RIGHT ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!

Momma Pug said...

They are grouchy because they are hungover. Be a good little cheerleader and give each of them a bottle of water and four aspirins before you assault them with your sunshine and rainbows. ;)

Have fun! I can't wait 'til you are back!