Friday, February 6, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!



As I am sure the pictures illustrate, we all had a wonderful time at the TCEA convention. This was my first time to attend, and we made the most of it. Our keynote speaker for the opening session was Lisa Ling. She was an amazing speaker who made me smile, laugh, and cry at some point through her presentation. We were all able to attend some very educational sessions to gather information we can take back to our campuses. The best part of the whole convention had to have been the exhibit hall. It was huge! Most of the latest and greatest school technology was there on display. It is amazing to see what has been developed to try and help kids in their classrooms.

I found what I wanted to for my birthday present, and before the conference was over I went back and bought it. It is a D-Note Digital Note Recorder. It is amazing! I also like the fact that they are giving me the interactive whiteboard software with it. I can't wait until Monday when I can break it out in my classroom.

As much as we enjoyed our time in Austin, we were very glad to be able to come home. We made tracks getting back to Houston so we could be there in time to pick Madge up from school. We were all happy to see each other, and the we picked up Julie. Our friend Tree had let Julie stay with her- thanks Tree! When we got home we dug through all the free stuff I had collected and just hung out.

Tomorrow the Razorback has his first team meeting for his/Madgette's softball team. He has a couple of folks coming by the house to look at the Camaro, then Madgette's children's choir will sing in both services on Sunday. So we are looking forward to a fun filled, fast paced family weekend. I hope all your weekends go just as well!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Cool present! Josh needs that. If you sent me a Christmas card; I lost it. Please send me another one so I can put it in my just finished "Christmas Card Friends Scrapbook". I want you there.

Momma Pug said...

Up date yo blog, hussy.

Momma Pug said...

You act like you are busy or something. UPdate needed.