Saturday, February 28, 2009

Standardized Testing

This week will begin the first in a series of tests that our students will take for standardized testing. My fourth graders will be taking the writing portion, while the third and fifth graders will all take the reading portion. Our students did amazingly well last year, and we received the status of recognized. This year they have been pushed to achieve the highest standard of exemplary.

I hope each year that the stress is not to much for them. I try to make it as positive as possible, and reinforce the fact that they have learned all they need to know, and that they are just getting a chance to show off those big brains. So please pray for all our students in Texas on Tuesday. They have had many lessons, tests, and pep rallies to get them ready. Pray for stress relief for the students and the teachers, and fresh well rested minds for our children.

Since I have been placed back in the regular classroom to try and get a group of students ready for the test, I am more worried and anxious than I have ever been for a testing season. Please pray that I will be able to sleep between now and Tuesday. I know there is nothing I can do at this point, but I just hope they can and will show just how smart they are. I also hope their families do not have crazy events happen so they are not bothered by outside circumstances during this time.