Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls!

So I need some of you "old hand" parents to answer this question. Does every little girl go through phases of acting out? Of acting like their mom (in particular) is the meanest person on the planet?

Why do girls act like that? Do boys act the same way? I know Madgette has to learn about responsibility, but does it have to be so hard? She was required to clean her room today, which I must say she had trashed rather well. She was determined to play instead of clean her room. So when the Razorback and I took the dogs for a short walk, she wasn't able to go. Why? Because her room wasn't clean. (Does that sound unfair or unjust to anyone else- or just if your 6?)

She told me I was mean, then tore up a picture she had drawn for me and told me "That WAS for you" on her way to put it in the trash. Oh my goodness! That child can be so sweet and wonderful, but when she changes her mind she can be the most hateful child.

So, do any of you have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Just a phase Mom. Boys and girls alike. Stick to your guns and it will pass. You know you're not mean and are not harming her by making her clean her room. You are teaching her to be responsible. Some day [when she has children of her own] she will thank you. At least mine did!! :)

Anonymous said...

OK...Please send her to my house the next time she throws a tantrum and she will love you when I let her go back home but I have to admit her bottom will be VERY SORE from my hand whooping it. That child has it good and she needs to realize it now....Catfish