Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Certification

Just wanted to update everyone that I have finally made the payment to begin my principal certification program. If I understand all the rules correctly, I can be done with all my coursework by the end of August. They will provide me with a certificate of eligibility so I can begin looking for an administration position for next year.
I feel like I could use my skills and love for kids to help benefit the educational community where I teach. My district is opening up 2 new schools next year. A middle school and an early childhood center, so there will probably be a shuffling of current AP's to head principal positions. My hope is that I can secure one of the AP positions and begin to learn from some of our amazing principals. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to stay in my current building. I would love to learn even more from my current principal. She is amazing!
Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know so you can help me stay motivated. I need to complete one course per month- so please help me be accountable!

Love to you all!

5 comments:

Momma Pug said...

And lets not forget to mention, Madge, that you will make a great principal because of your love of bossing people around. Really, its a dream fit for you. You will be like the Fidel Castro of the elementary school! Can I be your Che??? Loyal sidekicks are always required.

Madge said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha

You know you have a very good point! I do love to boss anything that moves...

Momma Pug said...

You are a natural leader my friend.

Barbara said...

I'm behind you 100 percent and am praying already! You will be terrific!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes! You would be an awesome principal! Just don't forget about the little people when you've made your way to the top.