Friday, January 2, 2009

Writing Under Durress

I am currently contemplating what I should write about since I am under extreme durress about not having posted in 2 days. Should I write about the latest experience with the salt water tank The Razorback is building? Nah- to many posts about him lately. Should I write about my hip still hurting, but the ability to walk returning? Nah- don't feel like it.



I think perhaps I should write about Madgette. How full of everything she is- sh**, joy, music, a desire to please, and peace. We all know I had a few issues growing up, and that to this day I am a little bit of a control freak and a little anal. (No comments MP!) But seeing that little girl every day just brings joy to my heart. I completely understand now what my grandma "mom" meant when she would tell me, "I love you- I would just DIE if anything happened to you!"



Now mom was a little dramatic in her own Southern way, but I had no doubt that she meant that with every cell in her body. However, I never truly understood how that emotion felt. As a mother, I completely understand. As I watch the evening news and see children being kidnapped, mistreated, and murdered I better comprehend what mom meant when she said she would just die if anything happened to me. It makes me very grateful that I had someone in my life who was willing to express her love to me that often and openly.



That is one of my goals in life. To ensure that my daughter has no doubt in her mind that she is loved, valued, and wanted. I want her to grow up to be a respectful, well mannered, well rounded, outgoing young lady. Just the way that mom wanted me to be.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it blesses my heart to see you enjoying your wonderful family. You know that if possible we would have prevented or removed those "issues" from your life. You are a courageous, compassionate, woman of strength and faith. Love you!

Momma Pug said...

I second what Pat J. says! I love you!

Barbara said...

The picture is gorgeous--how could your beautiful daughter not be all those wonderful things when she has YOU for a mother?? You are just the "bestest"!!

halley said...

Hey! Thanks for the x-mas card. I sent you one but sent it to the wrong address and I got it back. Sorry! Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday! She is growing up soooo fast! Time sure does fly doesn't it? Halley