Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Glorious Day

Well dear readers, today was a wonderful and glorious day. We started out by helping my parents finish up some last minute errands, then headed out to Cotton Branch for lunch and a little fun with the animals. I will blog again tomorrow when I can upload some fantastic pictures. Madgette was in awe of all the animals, and Julie was also. Julie took some amazing pictures- some were even better than mine. The one thing I can't believe I forgot to do was to take a picture with Nananotes! After we pulled back onto highway 98 I realized it, but it was to late to turn around and go back.
We took a couple minutes to stop in Meadville to visit with family and friends which went over suprisingly well, then on to Gancack and PawLarry's house. Madgette made a new best friend that for our blog we will call "Busy." They played hard the entire time we were there, and had a blast! Busy and Madgette were each very happy to have another kid around to play with. Time slipped away from us, and it was late before we knew it.
As we were leaving, Gancack was wonderful enough to send some bread with us, some cake from a recipe that belonged to my mother, and a High Road CD. I was so excited about all of them, but we listened to the High Road CD all the way back to Brookhaven. Some of the harmonies are so tight and beautiful it just gives me chills. I know we will be able to hear the entire thing on our trip back to Houston. I am definitely looking forward to that!

So thanks Nana and Gancack for a wonderful, enjoyable, and relaxing day with friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved visiting with y'all! "Busy" went to sleep as we were putting her pjs on and is still asleep at nine a.m.! We enjoyed the evening so much. And once again, congratulations!

Barbara said...

You have no idea how much we enjoyed your visit. We are the blessed ones. Check out the blog and come back soon. Your room is always ready!! I love you all.