Saturday, March 28, 2009

Extreme Hope Women's Conference

Today I was able to attend the Extreme Hope Women's Conference in The Woodlands. I won the tickets last night on my local Christian radio station KSBJ. I love KSBJ but today I actually got to meet Jen Driskell in person. She was there to give out the extreme hope awards and I won one! I have a free one hour massage--- I can't wait to use it! Jen was so cute and funny today. We only got to speak for a couple seconds; she had to call out the other prize winners.

Anyway, they started out the day with some awesome praise and worship. They even played my new favorite song- "Free to Be Me." As I was asking about the group later in the day it turned out that they are just a few friends that like to get together to play music from time to time. They aren't a band with a name, nor do they have a CD out. That was a little disappointing because they were obviously very gifted.

They had many interesting speakers that spoke to us about finding your purpose in life, gave their testimonies of hope, shared healthy eating habits, discussed how to handle stress, and many other topics. My friend JP went with me, and we both enjoyed the day. I think the day made me recognize how blessed I am, and how much hope I have in my life and surrounding me each and every day. It also made me want to be more of an inspiration to others around me. I am extremely blessed and I don't think that I am shining that light for others to see nearly enough.

You never know how you can affect other people's lives, and I want to be a much brighter beacon for those around me. Thanks so much to KSBJ and the ministry of Melinda Gordon- Extreme Hope. JP and I had a great time, then stopped at Jason's Deli for lunch. That was quite a treat since the Razorback does not ever want to stop there! It gave us some time to just talk and get to know each other better, and it reminded me of how lucky I am to have her as a friend.

I hope everyone has as wonderful of a weekend as I am having!

2 comments:

Jessica Crosby Tullos said...

Hey! I have loved keeping up with your blogs! I wish that I would have realized you were in MS that week. It was the week of Spring Break for us too and mom, Sarah, and I were all in the FC/Brookhaven/McComb area. Oh well, maybe next time. It sounds like you are staying very busy, but I am so excited about how everything seems to be going for your family. I can't wait to keep up. :)

Barbara said...

If you ever get a chance to do a Women of Faith or Extraordinary Women conference go for it! They are both tremendous. Glad you won a ticket and had a great time. Enjoy your massage!!